Eduardo Mata Elementary School is a Dallas ISD transformation school, part of the district’s choice school initiative. Our school is one of three public Montessori schools in Dallas ISD, and is unique in that it is the only choice school among the three. For admission purposes, this means:
- We will offer the same types of instructional approaches and themes as magnet schools, but will not have any academic entry requirements.
- We will be open to all students across the district, regardless of academic ability. However, enrollment preference will be given to students living in the immediate area.
- We will provide transportation within certain parameters.
Mata is currently a pre-K through fourth-grade campus with Primary, Lower Elementary and Upper Elementary classrooms structured under the Montessori model. We will add fifth-grade to our Upper Elementary classrooms during the 2017-18 school year. All spots, both traditional and dual language, are filled for the 2016-17 school year, and any spots that open up will be filled with families on the wait list kept by the DISD Office of Transformation and Innovation.
If you are interested in your child attending Mata starting fall 2017, please plan to attend one of our Montessori informational sessions:
- Tuesday, Dec. 13: 5:30-6:30 p.m. (English with Spanish translation)
- Monday, Jan. 9, 10 a.m.-11 a.m. (English with Spanish translation)
- Wednesday, Jan. 18: 5:30-6:30 p.m. (Spanish with English translation)
The sessions will overview the program, reveal available slots for the 2017-18 school year and detail the transformation school application process.
Acceptance into any Dallas ISD transformation school will require a completed application that must be submitted by Jan. 31, 2017. Applications will be accepted only in this time frame. (Current Mata parents do not need to attend an information session or submit an application.)
Students and families will be notified of their acceptance or waitlist position via email and a letter home (dates coming soon!). If selected, students and families must decide by (dates coming soon!) whether or not to accept the offer. Students who are accepted from the waitlist will be notified beginning in (dates coming soon!).