Our Mata Montessori instructional coaches are crafting a series of classes for parents to learn more about Montessori. The classes will discuss the materials and lessons your children have in the classroom, as well as strategies for extending the Montessori approach into your home. Each session lasts about one hour, and includes handouts, videos, demonstrations, and lots of lively interaction!
Our instructional coaches, Ms. Bianca Swayne and Mr. John Hutcheson, highly recommend that parents attend at least one Parent University session before scheduling a classroom observation in your child’s class, but this is not required.
There is no limit on the number of attendees, but the classes are for current Mata families only. Please sign up for each class by contacting Mr. John Hutcheson via email or by contacting the main office by phone at (972) 749-7500.
Please check back for 2016-17 Parent University updates on dates, times and topics, as well as resources from each session. The currently scheduled classes are:
- Tuesday, August 30 at 8:30 a.m. “Looking into a Montessori Classroom”
- Monday, November 14, time and topic to be determined
- Tuesday, January 24, time and topic to be determined
- Thursday, April 13, time and topic to be determined
Please also contact Mr. Hutcheson with suggestions or requests for topics and times. The coaches want to schedule these classes for a variety of times during the day and some in the evening to make them available to as many parents as possible.
Past topics included:
- At Home with Montessori
- The Road to Discipline
- Language, Literature and the Family
- The Child in Nature and the Impact of Technology
- Nurturing the Creative Personality